Should I paint? Should I hire a stager? Should I do renovations? How do I price my home?
These are all questions that I receive on a regular basis, and there is not a one size fits all but here are 5 tips to use as a general rule of thumb:
1) Declutter – Thin down your closets, remove everything on your surfaces, and keep the furniture to the essentials. Take as much of your “extra” stuff to storage or donate what you don’t need to Value Village.
2) De-personalize – Remove all personalized photos and any feature pieces that are a very specific taste. Remember you are trying to appeal to the masses
3) Paint – If you have dirty old walls or any extreme colours a neutral grey or white will be a cheap fix and make the house look much brighter.
4) Fix – If there are a few things that need to be fixed that you have been putting off, now is the time to do it. Make sure all light bulbs are in working order, make sure the faucets don’t leak and clean up any old holes that may be in the walls from photos.
5) Staging – bring in a stager to see what should be done. They will have cost effective ways to help make your space look larger and emphasize the good and hide the bad.
If you have questions feel free to contact me!